El Encanto (which means Enchantment) is a rustic retreat center fronting on the Pacific Ocean with an artistic temper that attracts people
from all walks of life. It includes a small, eco-conscious hotel and restaurant and limited access to nearly seven acres of lush,
tropical gardens and renovated ruins
of a nineteenth century hacienda. Ages earlier it was home to a Pre-Columbian settlement.
Located in the state of Nayarit, 96 miles north of Puerto Vallarta and 14
miles south of the historic Port of San Blas, El Encanto enjoys a warm, sunny
microclimate that stays green November through May with almost no rainfall
through those months. The creatively renovated accommodations at El Encanto
are shaded by ancient hardwood trees and surrounded by exotic plants.
Get ready to be enchanted! Come and experience the magic of the true
WE ENDEAVOR TO
- To promote the arts (both local artists
- To maintain environmental integrity in our daily operations
- To operate a successful retreat center offering quality and
affordable workshops and seminars in the fields of art and physical, mental and
spiritual well being.
- To grow a year-round organic garden able to produce an abundance of
delicious, healthy food, herbs and medicinal plants.
- To be an example of a creative and alternative way of life
successfully wed to sustainable living practices.
- To share profits from our cooperative efforts with motivated workers
- To sponsor an annual event to
raise money for a local cause such as a bi-lingual library, study scholorships,
environmental protection or clean up campaigns
- To support the
protection of the indigenous cultures of Mexico and their ancient rituals and
assisting the respectful participation by interested foreigners where
- To encourage the sane and respectful development of this
relatively vulnerable piece of paradise by educating visitors and locals
and by our good example.
|El Encanto Eco-Hotel and Retreat Center,
an artistic oceanfront retreat in Santa Cruz de Miramar, in the state of Nayarit, Mexico,
featuring vacation rentals and facilities for group retreats and workshops.
Nurturing body, mind, and spirit in a peaceful and natural setting.