El Encanto (which means Enchantment) is a rustic retreat center fronting on the Pacific Ocean with an artistic temper that attracts people from all walks of life. It includes a small, eco-conscious hotel and restaurant and limited access to nearly seven acres of lush, tropical gardens and renovated ruins of a nineteenth century hacienda. Ages earlier it was home to a Pre-Columbian settlement.
Located in the state of Nayarit, 86 miles north of Puerto Vallarta and 14 miles south of the historic Port of San Blas, El Encanto enjoys a warm, sunny microclimate that stays green November through May with almost no rainfall through those months. The creatively renovated accommodations at El Encanto are shaded by ancient hardwood trees and surrounded by exotic plants.
Get ready to be enchanted! Come and experience the magic of the true Mexico.
We Endeavor To...
- Promote the arts (both local artists and visitors)
- Maintain environmental integrity in our daily operations.
- To operate a successful retreat center offering quality and affordable workshops and seminars in the fields of Art, nature preservation and friendship.
- To grow a year-round organic garden able to produce an abundance of delicious, healthy food, herbs and medicinal plants.
- To be an example of a creative and alternative way of life successfully wed to sustainable living practices.
- Share profits from our cooperative efforts with motivated workers and investors.
- Sponsor an annual event to raise money for a local cause such as a bi-lingual library, study scholorships, environmental protection or clean up campaigns.
- To help support an annual event to benefit the El Encanto Foundation for art, nature and friendship.
- Encourage the sane and respectful development of this relatively vulnerable piece of paradise by educating visitors and locals and by our good example.
- To help support the indigenous cultures of Mexico and to assist the respectful participation by interested foreigners where allowed.